Leche Flan is one of Filipinos' favorite dessert of all times. It is mainly made of eggs and milk. This dish is always present in most occasions like birthdays, weddings, parties, christening, fiestas, also during Christmas and New Years' eve celebrations. This is cooked frequently even in ordinary home dessert preparation for cooking moms for their children and husband to have tasty snack. It goes very well especially eaten after salty food such as pancit, lechon, adobo, etc. This dessert could take a long shelf life in the fridge. There are basically two ways of cooking this dessert - steaming and baking.
Below is the recipe on how to cook leche flan (Filipino version):
Leche Flan recipe:
12 pcs. egg (egg yolk only)
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
1 tsp. of vanilla
3/4 cup white sugar
Procedure and Cooking Instructions on How to Cook Leche Flan:
1. Put sugar in a small pot over medium heat, wait until the sugar starts to melt and turns into liquid and caramelize then pour at once the caramel evenly into the molds and hardened then set aside.
2. Next is to mix and blend the egg yolks, condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix slowly using whisker or hand blender. Pour the custard into the molds and cover with aluminum foil.
3. If using steamer, put water half level on it and let it boil then put the molds for 40 to 60 minutes. If using oven, preheat it to 350 deg F. Carefully place the molds in a roasting pan half filled with hot water and bake for 40 to 60 minutes.
4. To check when the flan is done, insert the toothpick or fork into the flan and comes out clean. Remove from heat or oven, let it cool at room temperature then run the knife around the mold and turn upside down into the serving platter with the sugar caramel flowing from the top.
This could make 2 molds when using small rectangular disposable aluminum cake pans.
- How to cook ARROZ CALDO (Broth/Soup Rice)
- How to make BUKO FRUIT SALAD (Filipino dessert)
- How to bake CASSAVA CAKE (Filipino dessert)
- How to cook GINATAANG BILO-BILO (Rice Balls with Coconut Milk)
- How to make HALO-HALO (Filipino cold dessert mix)
- How to cook LECHE FLAN (Philippine version)
- ADOBONG KANGKONG (WATER SPINACH)
- ADOBONG MANOK (Filipino National Dish)
- ADOBONG PUSIT
- BEEF STEAK
- FILIPINO STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
- GINISANG AMPALAYA NA MAY ITLOG (sauteed bittermelon with egg)
- GINISANG MUNGGO (Sauteed Mung Beans)
- GINISANG UPO (Sauteed White Squash)
- KARE-KARE (Filipino dish - stew)
- MECHADO (Filipino style)
- PAKBET or PINAKBET (Ilocano dish)
- PANCIT BIHON GUISADO
- PANCIT PALABOK
- PHILIPPINE SPRING ROLLS (Lumpiang Shanghai)
- PORK BINAGOONGAN
- SINIGANG NA BANGUS (Filipino soup dish)
- SINIGANG NA HIPON
- SINIGANG NA TILAPIA (Tilapia fish sour soup)
- SPAGHETTI (Filipino Style)
ALPHABETICAL LISTING OF ALL MY BLOGS